Pocket Full of Posies - Judy Niemeyer
Pocket Full of Posies is just stunning! It is a great quilt that goes together fairly quickly, with beautiful applique - oh so easy with Judy's stitch and peel technique. Our kits feature the beautiful Hoffman Jewel Basin digital fabric collection by McKenna Ryan, as well as some gorgeous Hoffman 1895 and 885 batiks as featured on the pattern cover. There are two batik substitutions as those original fabrics were discontinued and no longer available. However, our substitutes are a perfect color match for the original fabrics. Your kit includes all fabrics to make the top and the binding. Backing is not included, and patterns are purchased separately. Patterns include instructions and all the laser cut Stitch and Peel pages for the applique that you need to make the quilt.
There is also a machine embroidery design CD for the applique if you'd like to stitch your applique down that way! We also have matching Hemingworth thread kits for the machine embroidery. Check in the suggested products to order that if you'd like Judy and Brad Niemeyer designed the layout, instructions, and foundation papers for this project, all of which are included in the pattern.
Pocket Full of Posies is Quiltworx’s third Worx Sessions Pattern, meaning that it comes with a free Youtube training video series for you to follow along with Judy Niemeyer, step by step. We also have a special guest instructor for this design, Vanessa Fromm, from Fabric Confetti. Vanessa will teach you digitized embroidery techniques that can be used to stitch on the applique designs if you would rather embroidery instead of do turn-under applique.
Workshop dates and times:
- October 11, 2023: Preparing for Class (Pre-recorded) – 1p.m. MDT
- November 8, 2023: Workshop #1: Cutting & Preparing Your Fabrics (Live), and Choosing your Applique Approach (Pre-recorded) – 1 p.m. MST
- November 29, 2023: Workshop #2: Booklet 2 (Live) – 1 p.m. MST
- December 13, 2023: Workshop #3: Booklet 2 continued (Live) – 1 p.m. MST
- January 3, 2024: Workshop #4: Queen Booklet – Basket of Posies (Paper Piecing Live), Applique (Pre-recorded) – 1 p.m. MST
- January 10, 2024: Workshop #5: Final Assembly (Live) – 1 p.m. MST
We hope you will join in for these fun classes and we'd love to help you out with your pattern and kit!